Welcome to our blogg.

We thought this would be a nice way to keep our friends and family updated about what we are up to! And for us to have some kind of diary, to save for the future when we move back home to Sweden. We choose to write in English so all our friend could read it=) (and it's also good practice for me)

About us

Dubai
We are a family of four, and one dog and six guinea pigs (and one cat that lives in Blentarp, Sweden) We moved to Dubai a year ago, Henrik is working here and Ingela is a housewife and both children are in school. Victoria is 7 years old and Cornelia is 5 years old. They are in grade 1 and 2. When they started school here, Victoria just started school in Sweden and didn't speak any English and Cornelia where still in kindergarten in Sweden and didn't speak any English either. Now a year later they speak English and writes and read English as well. They also learn Arabic in school. After some difficulties it seams like they enjoy school and our life here, and that feels very good. If they like it here it's easier for us to also relax and enjoy our stay here in Dubai. And now we have one more member of our family, a streetcat named Stripy, Findus, Nisse, Tiger and Findus=), and also one more guinea pig has died, so 5 guinea pigs left.

torsdag 24 februari 2011

Yesterday I passed my first math course and that was a relief. It's almost three weeks since the course ended, but then my teacher al of a sudden was on sick leave and she still is so thats way it took so long before I got the result.
And this weekend I'm having my first test in the new math course I've started=).


So this week has been quite bizzie. On Wednesday evening me and Henrik went out to Jumeirah beach hotel and had dinner by the beach=), very nice, a bit cold because of the wind but nice.
And yesterday I was at Marine beach club resort at the Thai Bistro and had dinner with some friends, also a very nice place.
We are some friends that have decided, that once a month go out for dinner together. Yesterday we where five, me, Eshita, Melissa, Cate and Linn. I really enjoy the company of this ladies. I've known them since my first days in Dubai and they made me feel very welcome here and are a big part of way I enjoy being here.
Inviting me and my girls to play dates and coffee mornings making sure we had a great time. And it's also fun because we are from different parts of the worlds, Sweden=), Holland, Austrailia, india, and we also have some friends from France and Lebanon.

This morning when I dropped the girls in school, Cornelias teacher wanted to talk to me, hm. Cornelia is constantly talking in class and also word fighting with boy in the class. So the teacher was not so happy when she did that during the inspection=(. She is a strange kid, at first she is so shy she almost says nothing and now when she's comfortable in class she's just making to much noise.
But other then that she is doing great in school now and her reading and spelling and math is sooooo good. Where at the parent teacher conference the other week and here teacher is also very pleased with her, except her arabic teacher. In arabic she's going to the toilet and five minutes later she has to go and drink and if the teacher finally tells her no, she says it's an emergency (clever girl=)). She has the toilet as so sort of pause room, I can understand that, and also I can understand the teacher. 
so we talked about it at home and she promised not to do so as much and last week she came home with the arabic test and had 32 out of 40, WOW!!! 
I think she just needs some more time, everything takes time with her. But now atlas she is a happy girl and when she is happy I'm happy=).

Victoria is also doing so good in school. At the parent teacher conference her teachers only had good things to say. But I think I can notice a bit of frustration in her at the moment. I'm not sure why, this term she has Piano on Monday afternoon and Swedish school on Wednesday evening and swimming on Thursday afternoon. It's the first term when she has so many activities and I don't know if it's to much for her? Also school is getting harder and harder, and she has always been an easy learner and now she has to work a little bit harder and that is just not something she is use to and liking for that matter=).

On Monday morning my mum is coming, looking forward to that very much. Haven't seen her in five months. And on the 3 of February it's International day at school, and I'm going to Luxembourg to visit Jessica and Mathias and Clara. So my mum has to help out at the Swedish table. And I hope Henrik is also helping Linn and Mum. 
I'm planing to bake some typical Swedish "choked bullar" and making some nice collage with pictures and also maybe make some t-shirts with a nice Swidish print (thank you Jenny). And mum is bringing (I hope) some small souvenirs from Sweden we can hand out as well. And this year I hope we don't loose any of our books.



Now I have to study!! See you. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar